I was having a difficult time for the last 2 months in searching for a job. There are days of helplessness and anxiety, many sleepless nights or just taking 5 winks.
My sister had bought me a book, How To Be Happy in Difficult Times. I see people coping and trying to move on even as life throws stones and brickbats at them. As I was watching China got talent, this young boy without upper limbs learnt to play piano with his feet. Not an easy feat. The toes are shorter than fingers, and the total dynamics means a lot of relearning. In his own words, I can choose to die or I can choose to embrace life.
Recently, I managed to get a job. It is really God’s Blessing. I believe that whatever God gives, its what he thinks its the best for me. As I love my kids, I may embrace, or scold or beat them.It is the best for them. Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways, and He will guide thee.
After the rain, come sunshine. After the dark, comes day.
Little or no toning or cardiovascular exercises, I have have flabby legs or arms, not to mention the heart is getting little exercises. This will spiral or snowball to heart problems, sugar levels and blood pressure issues.
Too much may lead to injuries of the tendons, muscles or skins
A good combination of upper and lower body exercises, running or swimming as cariovascular will help the heart.
Little or no vegetables or fruits will spiral or snowball to constipation, poor ability to fight certain illnesses, heart problems, sugar levels and blood pressure issues.
Too much vegetables and no meat may lead to other issues
A good combination of vegetables, meats and fruits will help the body.
The mind is a difficult organ to qualify or quantify. I believe that like a body, which should embrace all different fruits and vegetables, that diversity is good, the mind should be open to learning in periodic exposures to languages, logic, arts and sports. A daily dose of memory, comparing and inferring will help reduce alzhimer.
Probably a good time to think what I have accomplished or plan ahead. I need to know where I stand, before I can chart the next course.
1. I need me time. A productive time of rest with my running, reading, reflections and strategy game. No apologies. Even cars need a break.
2. I can still be myself. I do not need to modify and model untill I am a xerox copy, really black and white. Let me do what I want, as long as it is moral and ethical.
3. Be focused. Dun be sidelined by what ppl want you to be, what they want you to buy and so forth. If I like bacon tomato and lettuce submarine on thursday and they have a special on tuna, I will still like my BLT submarine.
4. Focus on family. Tune out distractions. Have good playtime and quality time with kids, spouse, siblings and parents. Friends can make new ones, some come and go, family is forever.
5. Listen, and try not to change others or advice readily. Only they can change themselves. We could listen and be a support. Influence??hahah
6. Reflect and acquire wisdom. The source. The bible and good strategies. Whether war or business or others.
7. Plan. Plan Plan. Choice consequences. Compare depths. Look for loopholes. Endure short term pains. 7 layer osi. Abraham maslows hieracy of needs. Be surgical.
8. Be thankful. Appreciate what you have. Ignore the marketeers, advertisements and naysayers.